Thursday, September 28, 2017

The Return to Blogging

I announced today on Facebook that I was returning to blogging.  I have missed the exercise in expressing my views and creations with those who choose to read.  I was reminded when I re-read some of my posts that many were influenced by my friendship with David Rains (deceased) of Pineville, LA.  David and I met many years ago when he moved to Houston, TX following his first retirement.  We were both in law enforcement, and we had both worked as private investigators.  I liked him from the first day I met him.  He had a brilliant mind and was extremely well read.  I'm not sure, but I believe he probably had a photographic memory.  David was a man of eclectic interests, so any subject that one might have an interest in, David probably had some salient commentary.  We didn't always agree, but we talked until we were both satisfied that neither of us was budging on our convictions.  David did not care for getting credit for his research and would often send it to me if I happened upon a blog subject that peeked his interest.  I usually just said that the information came from my friend David with no further explanation.

On April 21, 2014 David passed away from a hidden medical condition.  I miss him.  I will miss his input.  I write this simple dedication to give him public credit for his contributions.  Thank you David Rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage your comments. Keep the language civil and you will be published.