Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I have been pondering.  It has been almost two months since I last posted.  Sometimes I need pondering time.  When you have said all that you know how to say, and are reduced to posting what others are saying, it is time to ponder for a spell.  How do you explain that which cannot be explained?  I think the problem with explaining anything is narrowing your focus to cover your subject.  The explanations offered by most people today are a product of a society that can't or won't focus.  We have been conditioned to talk in sound bites.  In order to do this, it is necessary to paint with larger brushes.  When you paint with larger brushes, the necessary small details get lost.  So your answers, while they may look good on the surface, do not pass the logic test.

I am going to attempt to make some sense out of some current topics that I think are being poorly handled for political expediency.  Politicians have learned that the more confusing you can make things, the more likely the electorate will be to accept a sound bite answer.  Misdirection is not only a tool for the magician, it is also used by a variety of con-artists who don't want you to see what is really happening.  Obama is an expert in talking about apples and then giving you an illustrative example about oranges.  It may sound good until you realize that he has just misdirected your attention with an example that has nothing to do with what he was originally talking about.


You know you're getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you're down there.  - George Burns

2 comments:

  1. We wondered, John and I, if you were biking Texas enjoying the bluebells. Really, Pappy, it's so overwhelming with all that is going on. I consider this man a rogue. One thing is certain, you won't be left without material to discuss. I'll be looking for what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling overwhelmed too. It seems the subject matter is ever expanding with President Crapweasel. But I know now's the time to get focused and organized. We need an even stronger TEA party. He must go in November ... come hook or crook.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage your comments. Keep the language civil and you will be published.