Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What's up with this?



I have a few things on my mind pilgrim.  I find some things unbearable.  I've lived long enough to know what's good and what's not.

I don't like Washington, D.C.  I worked in government service for twenty five years and the most incapable people working for our outfit all seemed to make their way to Washington, D.C.  The bad part of it is that no one there could recognize them as worthless.  It is a place where people seem to go to get corrupted.  The Mafia won't go there because they can't compete with vice on that scale.

I loathe pro sports.  Yes, I still watch them on occasion, but it makes my blood pressure rise every time I do.   The rules of the game seem to have been done away with to accommodate those who were raised without rules.  Oh yes, there are still referees, but they could never make enough calls to cover all the violations.  The law of the ghetto and the jungle has taken precedence over the rule book.  Men with their bodies covered with tribal tattoos and sporting all manner of matted long hair pose and gyrate after every play as though they have done something incredible.  It doesn't matter that their team is so far behind they'll never catch up, or that without someone else participating or failing to participate they wouldn't have made the play.  The idea of "team" play has almost disappeared.  Oh, I know there are good athletes, but they very seldom get the media's attention.

I detest News Networks.  They are a big waste of time as the ramble on and on about minutia in endless repetition while pretending to know what they are talking about.  It could be a sickness.  I've noticed our president seems to have a bad case of it.  The technology of television is getting better and better, but the programing is getting so bad I'm forced to watch old westerns on the cable channels.

I dislike the PCness of our culture today.  We can't fire dolts and derelicts because we might cause harm to their sensitive (lazy) sense of self-worth.  So, we are forced to put up with their haughty attitudes and second rate performance.  Most people are afraid to confront anything anymore because of what some other person with an equal or lesser spine might think of them.

There are enough folks in this country who don't know what we have here to scare me.  They seem willing to give it away and let someone else take responsibility for their lives.  You can find them at any venue where things are being given away "free."  That word should be taken out of our dictionaries.  Nothing is "free."

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
  - Noel Coward

    

5 comments:

  1. I agree Pappy. You seemed to have reached into my head and put down in words what I've been thinking. I usually just yell unrepeatable things at the TV, that always makes me feel better. Your way is much better. :)

    Yer Pal ~ Sparky

    PS: It's nice to see Joy is still here!! "Hi Joy!!" Hope she heard me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you both. I think a lot of people feel the same way. Too bad not too many listening to us. Pappy

    ReplyDelete

I encourage your comments. Keep the language civil and you will be published.