Friday, September 24, 2010

Multi-Tasking

Yesterday I was thinking while I waited for the glue to dry on the piano.  I once again proved my worth as a handyman by coming up with a clever fix for a missing piano key.  However, as I thought about recent e-mails I received, one in particular caused me some angst.  I keep getting e-mails related to forming a constitutional convention to come up with a new amendment to keep the Congress of the United States from exempting themselves for life from the laws they burden the rest of us with.

Now I've always wondered how this particular group of American citizens could decide, once they got elected to serve the other citizens, that they had the right to exempt themselves from the laws they pass.  I haven't seen anything in the Bill of Rights, or the Constitution of the United States of America that gives them any such power.    We have a federal judiciary to decide such matters, so why hasn't someone sued to get these great and noble jurists to earn their pay?  Well, lets take a look at that.  These jurists are hand picked by the politicians who occupy both the Executive, and Legislative branches of our government.  The latest Supreme Court Justice doesn't have one hour of judicial experience.  That should come as no surprise when you consider our current president, who nominated her, has little, if any, experience either.

We shouldn't have to pass more laws to control our elected representatives.  They should feel a moral compulsion to do what their constituents want them to do.  If they don't, then we should fire them and get someone who understands the program.  What makes us think this polluted, and corrupted bunch of current politicians will pay any attention to a new amendment?  From the president on down, this administration, and certain traitorous fence jumpers, are ignoring the U. S. Constitution with every action they currently take.  We have "pretend organizations", like the Congressional Budget Office to affirm that the trillions being spent to fund every bill that passes is deficit neutral.  You would have to be a surviving brain transplant donor to believe that bunk.

I called my Senator the other day and spoke to an able staffer.  I asked if anyone had considered legislation to prevent any bill from being written in the House and Senate that contained anything but the subject matter indicated in the title of the bill.  I told him we were being hornswoggled by the "silent riders" on almost every bill signed into law.  The titles of these bills might have to do with Defense, but the parasitic riders might contain a bill allowing a blanket amnesty for all illegal immigrants currently in the United States.  I'm not very good at interpreting the language spoken inside the beltway, but I think he said something about the House having some limitations, but he further said these restrictions didn't apply to the Senate.  He said that was unlikely to change.  I think perhaps King George had notions like that too.

I think this would also be something we want to change in the very near future.

As the insightful Mr. Will Rogers said,  "The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back into your pocket."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage your comments. Keep the language civil and you will be published.